10 Steps to a Goosebump-Free Night
How to Enjoy Winter from the Inside Out
Alcohol Stoves (ultralight stoves easily constructed from drink and food cans): http://zenstoves.net/Stoves.htm
Make your Own Gear (includes sleeping bags and quilts): http://www.backpacking.net/makegear.html
Fabric and materials for making gear: http://www.owfinc.com/
Goose down (800 fill): http://www.down-feather-bedding.com/bulk-goosedown.php
Lightweight Backpacking technique and forums: http://www.backpacking.net/
- Most E. Coli illness can be avoided by sterilizing your hands with Purell or other alcohol gels prior to working with your water treatment gear and water bottles
- Take a "black" water bottle and a clean water bottle. Mark the black water bottle clearly.
- Drink filtered/treated water from the clean water bottle, and use the black water bottle for untreated water that you intend to boil for your meals.
- A rolling boil for 1 minute is required to kill all the nasties in untreated water
- If the water is murky (unlikely at Lost Maples), use a bandanna to filter out the lumps prior to filtering/chemical treatment.
Some Discount Websites sites that have been recommended by others
(***Some of these sites ships from outside the country. If this is the case there could be a long delivery time and could hard to return. Do your research)
www.banggood.com These folks are my first choice. Almost everything ships free and they have less duplicate items it seems.
www.dx.com Seems to have a bigger selection than the other two…watch out for duplicates at different prices, they seem to be the worst about this. Shipping is a mix of charged and free.
www.tomtop.com About the same size selection as Banggood but has some different items. Shipping is a mix of charged and free.
www.overstock.com Goto "More" and then "Outdoor"