2005 April El Rancho Cima
El Rancho Cima April 22-24
Planned departure time: 5:30 pm Friday. (Arrive SJV by 5:00 pm) Come fed and ready to go.
Planned return back to SJV: 2:00 PM Sunday.
- Camp information
- El Rancho Cima Map
- The troop will camp at the Iron Wheel Mesa camp site.
- Bring a footprint or tarp to place under your tent.
- Optional horseback riding will cost $10, weather permitting. Let the scout Quartermaster know by Friday if you plan to ride.
- Patrol cooking on Saturday.
- For meals, plan on Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday: breakfast and lunch..
- Bring DQ $.
- Bring walk-about radios if you have them.
- Bring fishing gear if you like to fish.
- I 35 South to San Marcos
- Take Exit 205 in San Marcos
- Turn RT @ light on RR12 and proceed 1.4 miles to Moore St.
- Turn RT on Moore St (RR12) and proceed 9.9 miles to RR32 / RR12 junction
- Straight through RR32 / RR12 junction and proceed 5.4 miles to El Ranco Cima entrance
- The Camp entrance is on the right side of the road ~.3 miles after road side picnic area