The troop guide works with new Scouts. He helps them feel comfortable and earn their First Class rank in their first year.
The assistant Scoutmaster for the new Scout patrol in the troop.
- Introduces new Scouts to troop operations.
- Guides new Scouts through early Scouting activities.
- Shields new Scouts from harassment by older Scouts.
- Helps new Scouts earn First Class rank in their first year.
- Teaches basic Scout skills.
- Coaches the patrol leader of the new Scout patrol on his duties.
- Works with the patrol leader at patrol leaders' council meetings.
- Attends patrol leaders' council meetings with the patrol leader of the new Scout patrol.
- Assists the assistant Scoutmaster with training.
- Counsels individual Scouts on Scouting challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.