Webelo Campout - Colorado Bend State Park
Colorado Bend State Park Campout Nov 14-16th.
Planned departure time: Meet at SJV at 5:30 on Friday for a 6:00 departure.
Planned return back to SJV: 12:00 pm Sunday.
- We will be camping along the river. Look for signs if you are not arriving with the troop.
- Dinner provided Saturday evening.
- Bring meals for Saturday breakfast and lunch and Sunday breakfast
- Bring $ for a stop on the way home.
- As always, bring your scout book for sign-offs.
For the Webelos:
are invited for the entire weekend or whichever portion they want. The
main event for the Webelos will be directly after lunch on Saturday
through dinner (or the campfire if they wish).
You will need to bring the following items:
- Water bottle – nothing fancy – you can use a simple bottled water container
- Walking shoes – I recommend a pair of sneakers. These are best for climbing
- Sleeping bag
- Simple Rain coat or poncho (just in case)
- Tent – If someone in your patrol has a 2+ man tent and you want to sleep together that would be fine
- couple of t-shirts
- couple of pairs of blue jeans
- flash light
- 3 pairs of socks
- Scout Uniform
- Scout hat
- Stocking cap for your head
- Light breakfast for Saturday ( I recommend oatmeal or breakfast bars and some fruit like an apple)
Parents – We do have a camping area set up for just the adults. If you
and your son need to share a tent then that can be arranged but adults
can’t share tents with anyone other than their son.
We have four main events planed.Camp out Schedule:
5:30 pm - arrive at SJV
6:00 - leave SJV
8:00 - arrive at Colorado Bend park
8-9 - set-up camp
9:00 - PLC
10:00 - Quiet time
11:00 - lights out
7:00 am - wake-up and eat
7:45 - flags and prayer
8:00 - make towers and play capture the flag
12:00 pm - lunch
1:00 - wilderness survival
5:00 - free-time/dutch oven stuff
6:00 - dinner
7:00 - webelo time
8:00 - campfire (song and skit)
10:00 - quiet time
11:00 - lights out
6:30 am - wake-up and eat
7:00 - pack-up
8:00 - service project
9:00 - chapel
9:15 - leave
12:00 - arrive at SJV
Driving directions to Colorado Bend State Park from Llano
Start address: Llano, TX
End address: Colorado Bend State Park
- Head north on Ford St/TX-16/TX-71 toward E Haynie St Continue to follow TX-16 - 17.2 mi.
- Turn right at 501/Farm-To-Market Rd 501/Ranch Rd 501 Continue to follow Ranch Rd 501 - 15.4 mi
- Turn right at Farm-To-Market Rd 580/Ranch Rd 580 Continue to follow Ranch Rd 580 - 1.3 mi
- Continue on Highway 442 - 0.8 mi
- Slight right to stay on Highway 442 - 2.2 mile
- Turn right at Highway 446 - 0.5 mi 7. Continue on Colorado Bend State Park - 1.8 mi 8. Continue on Highway 446 - 1.2 mi