Planned departure time: Meet at SJV at 5:30 on Friday for a 5:45 departure.
Planned return back to SJV: 2:00 pm Sunday.
- Lunch and Dinner Will Be Provide for you on Saturday
- Bring your own breakfast for both mornings.
- Bring $ for a stop on the way home.
- As always, bring your scout book for sign-offs.
State park information.
For the Webelos:
will be located in the front of the park in the public camping area.
Unfortunately we won’t know the exact location until we check in on
Friday. We will keep an adult in the camp site to help direct you as
you arrive. We will have three flag poles up so it should not be hard
to find us.
You will need to bring the following items:
- Water bottle – nothing fancy – you can use a simple bottled water container
- Walking shoes – I recommend a pair of sneakers. These are best for climbing
- Sleeping bag
- Simple Rain coat or poncho (just in case)
- Tent – If someone in your patrol has a 2+ man tent and you want to sleep together that would be fine
- couple of t-shirts
- couple of pairs of blue jeans
- flash light
- 3 pairs of socks
- Scout Uniform
- Scout hat
- Stocking cap for your head
- Light breakfast for Saturday ( I recommend oatmeal or breakfast bars and some fruit like an apple)
Parents – We do have a camping area set up for just the adults. If you
and your son need to sleep together then that can be arranged but I
can’t have an adult sleep with anyone other than their son.
We have four main events planed.
- Rock Climbing and repelling
- Caving (spelunking to be more exact)
- GPS game called Chase the Rabbet – VERY FUN
- Pioneering game called Catapult Bomber – I will let that one be a surprise
Camp out Schedule:
5:30 - Arrive at SJV
5:45 - Leave SJV
8:00 - Get to Camp
8:00 - 8:45 - Set up camp
9:00 - PLC
10:00 - Quiet Time
10:30 - Lights Out
6:30 - Wake up
6:40 - Flags
6:50 - 7:20 - Breakfast
7:20 - 7:30 - Get Ready to go
7:30 - 10:30 - Group 1 Climb, Group 2 Cave, Group 3 Extreme Bomber
10:30 - 11:30 - Lunch (Provided for you)
11:30 - 11:45 - Get Ready to go
11:45 - 2:45 - Group 1 Extreme Bomber, Group 2 Climb, Group 3 Cave
2:50 - 6:00 - Group 1 Cave, Group 2 Extreme Bomber, Group 3 Climb
6:00 - 7:30 - Dinner (Provided for you)
8:00 - 9:30 - Campfire
10:00 - Quiet Time
10:30 - Lights out
5:30 - Wake up
5:40 - Leave for Climb
6:25 - Arrive at top of rock
6:25 - Chapel
6:50 - 7:35 - Head Back
7:35 - 8:10 - Breakfast
8:10 - 9:00 - Pack up
9:00 - 10:00 - Service Project
10:00 -11:00 - Make Catapult