Summer Camp 2006
Hale Scout Reservation
- No electronic devices. This includes cell phones (I don’t think they are going to work out there anyways)
- Make sure you review the requirements for the merit badges that you have signed up for
- Be sure to bring enough money to cover the cost of supply’s for any merit badge that you have signed up for.
- Review the following document again and make sure you understand each part of it:
- Bring money for a meal on the way up and back - Approx. $12 depending how big an eater you are.
- Review the list of items that Mr. Troeger sent out and make sure you have packed them all correctly
Transportation (Big Bus):
|Arrive @ church 7/9
|Depart church 7/9
|Arrive @ camp 7/9
|Depart Camp 7/15
|Arrive @ church 7/15
Personal Equipment List
- Class A Uniform (shirt, belt, hat, Scout book, pen)
- Class B T-shirt
- Day pack/small backpack
- Cot or Pad Blankets/sheet or sleeping bag
- Extra socks
- Laundry bag
- Extra underwear
- Jeans\Long Pants
- Swimming suit
- Rubber-soled shower shoes (NO OPEN TOE SHOES ALLOWED)
- Toilet Kit– toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, comb, towel
- Insect repellant
- Canteen or water bottle
- Hiking Boots
- Spending Money ($50-75 recommended)
- Activity fees
OPTIONAL packing list
badge materials (fishing gear, carving knife, no guns) Notebook and
Pencil/pen Camera with extra film Drinking cup Watch Musical instrument
Duffel-bag lock Personal first aid kit Compass (may be required for
I would like to make sure you bring the most important item… A great attitude. If you have this we can overcome just about anything.
Sending Mail to your Scout.
Troop 27's campsite is Choctaw.
Click here for how to contact the camp in case of Emergency.
Also, Darrell Whatley's cell phone # is 750-7131. They were not positive of the connectivity at camp.